Emerson is now hiring a Quality Technician in Aiken, South Carolina.
Meet our hiring managers on Tuesday, December 4th.
This position does not provide relocation assistance. However, with so much to offer residents of all ages, Aiken is a great place to relocate! Among Aiken’s accolades, the city has been named one of the 21 Best Towns for Boomers, One of 100 Best Communities for Young People and One of a Dozen Distinctive Destinations.
As a Quality Technician you will perform duties to support Quality Engineering and/or all aspects of the Quality Assurance Department as defined by the Department Supervisor and/or Manager.
• Associate's degree in Chemical-Electrical-Mechanical Technology/Engineering or equivalent OR
• A minimum of three (3) years as a quality inspector or equivalent.
• Prior engineering or chemical testing experience preferred.
• Understanding of SPC methodologies and techniques.
• Knowledge of ASTM, ANSI, ASME, SAE, and ASCO engineering specifications.
• Proficient in the use of all measurement equipment & gages (e.g., CMM, 3 Axis Optical Comparator).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Must act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
• Must be a team player.
• You will be required to pass a skills assessment.
• Provide technical assistance to Inspection personnel regarding mechanical inspection techniques/methodologies, as necessary to include training/familiarization of specific gauges and test equipment.
• Assist Quality Engineering in various material studies/identification assignments, including dimension verification audits.
• Review certifications for completeness, correctness, and verify information for compliance/conformation to specifications (e.g., Certificates of Compliance, Certificates of Analysis).
• Provide technical support and guidance to all aspects of the Quality Department, including inspection personnel in Fabrication, Assembly, and Receiving.
• Assist the Quality Department in establishing and/or revising inspection methods, procedures, and Operation sheets to maintain and improve product appraisal efficiency.
• Provide technical writing for applicable inspection procedures, instructions, or guidelines.
• Write and submit Engineering Change Requests (ECR) to resolve design issues regarding piece parts or components (fabricated or purchased).
• Provide accurate technical/engineering objective evidence for closure of Valve Troubleshooting Reports (VTR).
• Perform scheduled internal in plant audits, including ISO 9000 pre-audits of the ASCO Quality System that assures specific areas are reviewed and comply with expected performance criteria.
• Responsible for completing work assignments in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
• Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
• Ability to research and comprehend various standards and engineering specifications.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all personnel in the facility.
• Ability to perform or assist in Machine/Process Capability studies and Gage R & R studies.
• Advanced blueprint reading
• Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
When you join Emerson, you will be surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Apply today!
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.