Emerson is now hiring a Quality Inspector in Aiken, South Carolina.
Meet our hiring managers on Tuesday, December 4th.
This position does not provide relocation assistance. However, with so much to offer residents of all ages, Aiken is a great place to relocate! Among Aiken’s accolades, the city has been named one of the 21 Best Towns for Boomers, One of 100 Best Communities for Young People and One of a Dozen Distinctive Destinations.
As the Quality Instructor you will plan, perform, and document inspection activities utilizing multi-disciplined inspection techniques and tools in support of all inspection areas. These areas include receiving inspection, material testing, GC pre-assembly dedication and witness testing, valve assembly/subassembly inspection, fabrication inspection and scrap/salvage.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required. Associate's degree is preferred.
Our training requirements include:
• Basic Valve School – 6 months
• AS400 – 30 days
• Safety Training – 30 days
• Minimum of 1 year experience in mechanical inspections.
• Understanding of SPC methodologies and techniques.
• Knowledge of ASTM, ANSI, ASME, SAE, and ASCO engineering specifications.
• Proficient in the use of all measurement equipment & gauges (e.g., CMM, 3 Axis Optical Comparator).
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Must be flexible. You may be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
• Must act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
• Must be a team player.
• You will be required to pass a skills assessment.
• Prepare tool reports and perform layout inspection.
• Provide assistance to shop operations as necessary with regard to inspections, material containment, gauging and setups.
• Support cross functional training activities in respective inspection areas.
• Participate in plant wide internal audit program as assigned.
• Assist supervision in various inspection assignments that may include specific inspection plan development and rotation of assignments based on business needs.
• Utilize Pilgrim system in recording inspection results and NC processing.
• Perform materials inspections on manufactured and raw materials in accordance with QC-ER-008.
• Complete qualitative and quantitative non-destructive/destructive test methods on materials.
• Maintain/verify material identification, verification of certifications and traceability as specified.
• Conduct testing. Testing may include spot testing, burn testing, hardness testing, conductivity testing, metal monitor testing, metal scan analysis, specific gravity testing, compression set testing, finish/coatings evaluations.
• Perform scrap/salvage tasks as required per MP-I-011 and all related procedures for rework and scrap control.
• Address and resolve complex work assignments with minimal supervision and in support of a teamwork environment.
• Responsible for completing work assignments in a safe, timely, and accurate manner.
• Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
• Ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift.
• Ability to withstand exposure to manufacturing plant conditions and elements, including noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
• Ability to research and comprehend various standards and engineering specifications.
• Ability to effectively communicate with all personnel in the facility.
• Ability to perform or assist in Machine/Process Capability studies and Gage R & R studies.
• May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and/or safety shoes.
When you join Emerson, you will be surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Apply today!
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.