Emerson is now hiring an Assembler in Aiken, South Carolina.
Meet our hiring managers on Tuesday, December 4th.
This position does not provide relocation assistance. However, with so much to offer residents of all ages, Aiken is a great place to relocate! Among Aiken’s accolades, the city has been named one of the 21 Best Towns for Boomers, One of 100 Best Communities for Young People and One of a Dozen Distinctive Destinations.
As an Assembler you will perform a high level of assembly duties, including the assembly, testing, and packaging of all products within the Aiken Assembly departments. This could include kits and sub-assemblies per assembly procedures and/or operation sheets, drawings, packaging capsule sheets, and bills-of-material.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
Our training requirements include:
• Basic Valve school- 6 months
• Safety training
• Bill of materials training
• 2-4 years of production experience in various product families.
• Must be flexible. You may be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
• Must have basic knowledge in blueprint reading, metrology, electricity and hydraulics of various products.
• Must act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
• Must be a team player.
• You will be required to pass a skills assessment.
• Responsible for the building, testing, and packaging of all products in a timely and accurate manner.
• Report any equipment or operational issues to your Supervisor.
• Maintain a neat and orderly work station.
• Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Assembly Technician or Supervisor.
• Ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 60 pounds.
• Ability to withstand exposure to manufacturing plant conditions and elements, including dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
• Ability to use forklifts, pallet jacks and other equipment as needed to move materials in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to make sound decisions in determining proper sequence of operations and/or destination of incoming items based on the needs of the business in various product families.
• May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
You will be required to wear personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, ear plugs, and/or safety shoes.
When you join Emerson, you will be surrounded by more than 110,000 intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Apply today!
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.